File for Employment Insurance

Unemployment Services

To receive unemployment benefits, you need to file a claim with the unemployment program in the province where you work. Find your province’s program, and check with them to see if you should file a claim in person, by telephone, or online.

Employment Insurance

The federal government is allowing new options for Provinces to amend their laws to provide employment insurance benefits related to COVID-19.

If you are not eligible for EI, you may be eligible for the new benefits:

  • Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)
  • Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB)
  • Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB)

Visit the link to gather general information: Government of Canada COVID 19 Employment Programs